Nation-wide electronic patient safety learning system to be used by all healthcare providers, regulators, patients and any other stakeholders to build a comprehensive database and make use of it in developing plans and projects to avoid the recurrence of medical incidents events and reduce their occurrence.
- SAWTAK is the Arabic word for “your voice” and makes reference to the public engagement aspect of the project in which patients, family members, and other stakeholders will be empowered to participate in various patient safety project initiatives.
- SAWTAK also serve as the foundation of Saudi Arabia’s National Patient Safety Learning System, which includes benchmarking, evaluation, learning, and implementation components.
What are the objectives of the initiative? Why it is important? (about SAWTAK)
The initiative is hub for improving patient safety, which contributes to building an integrated participatory system that includes the service provider and the patient as follows
Levels and sectors:
- patient and their families
- Healthcare providers
- Healthcare Professionals
- Medical Equipment and pharma Companies
- improve the economics of patient safety
- Increases incident reporting, for medical incident and non-medical
- Share learnings across healthcare system
- Increased data visibility for better decision making
- Promotes transparency & non-punitive culture
- Increases public awareness and education around patient safety and how to contribute
- (More empowered , more engaged for patient and their families
- (Open channels for reporting, Complaints, concerns, compliments and comments )